The Primary Election is coming!
June 7th is the California State Primary Election when we get to vote for candidates running for federal and state offices (U.S. Senate, and U.S. Representatives, Governor, Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, Treasurer, Controller, Insurance Commissioner, Attorney General, Superintendent of Public Instruction and State Assembly). We also have local elections for Mayor, Sheriff, District Attorney, Assessor and local measures.
- All California active registered voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot for the June 7, 2022, Primary Election.
- The last day to register to vote for the June 7, 2022, Primary Election is May 23, 2022.
- Your county elections office will begin mailing ballots by May 9, 2022.
- Your primary Election ballot will include candidates for U.S. Senate, Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Secretary of State, Controller, Treasurer, Attorney General, Insurance Commissioner, Member of State Board of Equalization, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, U.S. Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Assembly Member, as well as other local candidates.
- There are two contests for U.S. Senate on this ballot. You can vote for both contests.
- One for a 6-year term ending January 3, 2029; and
- One for the remainder of the current term ending January 3, 2023.
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage as long as it’s postmarked on or before Election day and received by June 14, 2022, or in-person to a secure ballot drop box, to a voting location or your county elections office by 8:00 p.m. on June 7, 2022.
- In-person voting locations will offer voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance to those who need it.
- Vote centers open in all Voter’s Choice Act counties on May 28, 2022.
If you need assistance to register to vote – Contact Asia Sprewell, Rolling Start’s Systems Change Advocate, at (909)890-9516 or go to: