At Rolling Start, the Employment Services Coordinator helps an individual with:
- Assistance in finding work best suited for each individual
- Working through problems that are keeping them from being successful
- Utilizing their existing skills to place them in a job within their community
- Learning how to find a job
- And learning how to maintain a job
As individuals develop a work plan with the Employment Specialist, we encourage them to make suggestions and changes as needed to encourage an independent living lifestyle. The more input we receive, the more we can customize their employment plan to fit their needs.
Our employment specialists work on a case-by-case basis in order to help an individual find employment and bridge the gap between employers and people with disabilities.
Other objectives they help with include:
- Building Self-Confidence
- Overcoming Barriers to Employment
- Writing effective Resumes and Cover Letters
- Developing Job Leads and Community Resources