1. Information and Referral
Knowing how and where to get information can make all the difference. Through Rolling Start’s Community partnerships we can help you connect to many services that support your Independent Living needs, including 211 and Connect IE, consumers access to “Up to the Minute” resources with ConnectIE.
2. Peer Support/Social Gathering
- Computer Classes
- Coed Support Group
- Youth Support Group
- Spanish Support Group
- LGBTQ Support Group
- Game Day
- Movie Day
Due to Covid-19, all social gatherings are hybrid (online and in-person).
See our Calendar to participate in our virtual events.
3. Systems & Individual Advocacy
One of the core beliefs of the Independent Living Philosophy is that disability is part of human diversity. Access and inclusion in Society Needs to Change to ensure these rights.
- Contact our Systems Change Advocate if there is an access issue you need guidance or to resolve.
- Join our Systems Change Advocacy Groups in San Bernardino or Victorville to participate in local and statewide events focused on advancing the rights of people with disabilities
4. Independent Living Support
Developing or improving the skills needed to live independently at home and in the community is the focus of these services and programs.
5. Transition & Diversion Services
- Rolling Start will work with you and your support network to Transition from Nursing facility to the community.
- Rolling Start will also help youth transition from High School to college or work, as well as from your parents’ home to Independent Living.
- We may be able to help you stay independent in your own home with
- Minor home modifications
- Assistive Technology
- Personal Emergency Response systems